Monday, October 8, 2007

As another mother gently weeps...Iraq soldier 'killed as he slept'...

When I read this article, all I could think of is my own son dying in his sleep...MY BABY!...not even one last chance to protect him like I had for those eighteen years before he went off to fight in a war and protect his country from what again?

Fortunately, for now my son has 2 1/2 years until he turns 18 but I am afraid, very afraid that war (with Iraq, Iran, the world) will still exist and he will be forced to fight in it...

I wonder how many mother's will try to figure out how they're going to hide their sons from a draft to protect a country that continually lies to us, uses us, and basically enslaves us with taxes and insane laws?

A teenage soldier killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq was asleep in his Warrior vehicle when he died, an inquest heard.

Private Michael Tench, 18, from Sunderland, was returning to the British Army base in the north of Basra when the device exploded on 21 January.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Wear | Iraq soldier 'killed as he slept'

No comments: